Sunday, August 24, 2008

Africa Revisited

So I just finished reading "Out of Africa" to commemorate my trip to Africa last summer. I also figured that since I have been to Karen Blixen's home in Kenya, that I ought to at least read her book! I guess I can't really say it made me homesick for Africa, but it made me miss it all the same. I hope someday I can return. I also finished a little video of our safari in Kenya and although putting the slideshow to the song "The Circle of Life" might seem a bit cliche, I just couldn't help myself :).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I miss those kids.

Do you recommend the book?

Also, my favorite part of your video is the shot of the rib cage as the music swells to "it's the circle of life." :)

Mandy and Brian said...

Matt,
The book was interesting and I would recomend it, but if you want to read a really wonderful book, probably one of my all time favorites about Kenya during the same time period, read Beryl Markham's "West with the Night".

Jenny said...

Now this made me homesick for Africa! Someday we'll get back there right? Please say yes so I can have a little hope. Nice work on the video production.