Saturday, September 27, 2008

Surprise at Ken's Kash

Well, my life is pretty boring now that I am in school, but something kind of interesting happened today, and since I have nothing else to update you on...here goes. Today I went to Ken's Kash with my mom. My hair was a wild mess, I was wearing no makeup and I was wearing a dirty white jacket four sizes too big. I figured I wouldn't see anyone important. I walked into Ken's Kash, and for those of you who don't know, Ken's Kash is the one and only store in Oakley and consists of about three aisles worth of food. I have many good memories there, and I could do a whole post just on Ken's Kash, but we'll have to save it for another day. Anyway, I walked in and caught a glimpse of the woman checking out. She was tall adn blonde. I turned from the counter. Wait a second, hold up! I stopped and turned back towards the woman who was now standing at the door about five feet away from me. It was KATHERINE HEIGL! My mouth was probably hanging open in shock, and I stood there stupidly staring at her. She and the guy she was with walked out as my mom walked in. I took a step back, knocked a package of tylenol off the shelf, and scrambled to pick it up.
"That was Katherine Heigl" I told my mom in a frantic whisper.
"Who?"
"She's like a big star," I said. We walked out of the store and pretended to look at the "Lost Cat" sign posted outside of Ken's Kash, while I wagged my head in the direction of Katherine Heigl climbing into her car.
Apparantly she has a home (or more likely a mansion) up in the valley. Like I've always said, "Oakley is the best kept secret in Utah" but it looks like the secret is starting to leak out!



12 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome - but really. . .you should have gotten her autograph. AS PROOF!

Ah, I have the fondest memories of Kens Kash too. . . yum. I want some penny candy.

Unknown said...

Who is this... Katherine?

Dan said...

Well, I may be traveling to different places, but the world's famous seem to be flocking to you!

I remember Katherine from a cheesy Disney movie about two sisters seeing a shooting star, making a wish, and literally changing places. One was brainy and not so 'attractive' and the other was really popular and attractive while not so intellectually bright. You can guess which was Katherine. Then at the end, after they've switched places back with another shooting star, the smart one learns to use makeup and the pretty one learns to read, and the experience brings them closer together. You see, predictable, cheesy Disney Channel movie plot.

I can't say I'm too proud to know the plot so well... I just remember thinking, "there's no way she's in high school."

Yeah, I've said too much already...

Matt, now you know who she is.

TODD + ANNIE said...

Oh man, I bet you were just dying when you ran into her as flashes of Mc Dreamy flooded through you mind. Did you ask how work is going at the hospital and what the latest gossip is?!

Jenny said...

I just can't believe she was in Oakley. Crazy!

Mandy and Brian said...

Dan, Katherine Heigl has moved onto bigger and better things, such as Grey's Anatomy...

Grady and Janie said...

That is so cool! Gennifer said that she goes to gateway to eat all of the time too! I heard that she looks amazingly beautiful even when she has no makeup on and her hair pulled back in a ponytail.

Dan said...

Mandy -

Grey's Anatomy is certainly bigger. But is it really better?

Melissa said...

Even if you post a picture of her, I still don't know who she is.....I guess I have been spending too much time watering the grass!

K-SUN said...

That is crazy! I heard she had her wedding in Park City. I thought of you today when Elder Wirthlin told the story about his daughter going on a date. It reminded me of your first date and first blind date story. Classic, I love your stories.

made sweet said...

WHAT!!!!! I would have been freaking out...cuz I WAS freaking out...and I was just reading about it.

and, going along with what K-Sun had to say, I also thought about you in Elder Wirthlin's story! haha. Mandy you are so fun and hilarious.

michelle

Adam & Kenzie said...

I can't even believe you saw her!!! I'm soo jealous! I love her!!! I'm just going to go sit at Ken's Kash until she comes in again!