Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spring Things

Sometimes it is so nice to escape Provo and come up to dear old Oakley, where there is space to breathe, and run, and ENJOY!

I love my friends, and they love me too!

Kati is such a litle Betty Crocker. She made this lovely little cake for her Grandma's birthday. I cut the strawberries, if that counts for anything.
Oakley looks so green right now with all the new grass coming up. I love it!
Kati and I have renewed our status as roomates, and to celebrate I made my famous crab and cream cheese won tons. Of course Annie had to come over and try a few as well!
Although we are sophisticated College girls, we still like to be kids once and awhile and play hide and seek. Kati found a prime hiding spot....she's just lucky I didn't lock her in and turn the dryer on!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh you are too cute!
I can't wait to see you and the gang this summer! :)

I love the panorama shots of the homeland! I HEART OAKLEY!!!!

Allison said...

Mandy, this is Dave,,, you said you go to oakley to "Breath, run and enjoy"???? Lets be honest we all know you dont run:)

Mandy and Brian said...

hahaha, point well taken, but it is nice to know there is room if I wanted to!

Jenny said...

I love the pictures! How come you have never made the wontons for me? I love cream cheese crab wontons! Next time we are at the ranch I want you to show me how to make them.

Emily said...

Yes. You have to make them when I'm in town. I LOVE cream cheese wontons but I have only had them at restaurants.

Unknown said...

Wait a minute. Why have I not partaken of said wontons? They can only be famous if it has a Chinese stamp of approval.

Melissa said...

Nice shots of the ranch...I'm excited for you to be out of school so you can feel the grass under your feet (while you mow the lawn), bask in the sun (while killing weeds), feel the cool spray of water on your face (while watering the grass), listen to the sweet silver songs of the hummingbirds (while painting the porch),frolic with your new horse (after cleaning out the tack shed), and meditate and read in forest peace (after putting up the Mexican hammock). Don't worry....I won't make you empty the hornet traps (or do the other jobs without help).
I'm also excited to be in Oakley fulltime for the summer!