Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cross Country Skiing

Well with the new snowfall, I was able to go cross country skiing. Brian and I went up Swift's Canyon and it was a beautiful day. We made it up passed the old Grizzly Adams Cabins, where they filmed the movie (or TV show?).The snow was pretty sticky, so the going was difficult in some spots, and we definitely had our issues coming down the canyon (mostly consisting of falling all the time, and breaking the end off my ski pole) but it just added to the fun. Luckily Brian got some footage of one of my better wipe outs. I hope you enjoy!







7 comments:

Unknown said...

haha that is sweet wipe out! And Brian, you're a better man than me for going to help her, I would have just stayed where you were and laughed

Allison said...

Bahahahaha! That seriously just made my day. And Mark? Dave would have just stayed and laughed too, he wouldn't have even pretended that he was going to help me, so I guess Brian is a better man that BOTH of you!

Emily said...

Bwahhahahahah. . .
Was that a baby pine tree you tried to straddle?? I love Brian's narration too - it really adds to the beauty of the whole thing. . .

Oh. And. Um. Nice T-shirt weather.

Melissa said...

Cute pictures and awesome face-plant! Such grace! Such style! Cross country skiing is so weird because you have no control when going down a hill (at least I've never figured out how to do it). At least you didn't cheat and sit down.
Brian scores points for immediately thinking of helping you.

Jenny said...

Hilarious! I love your scream Mandy and Brian's comments. Best video I've seen of you.

Brian Porter said...

You guys missed out, it was pretty great. As Mandy will be quick to let you know I was all talk about being nice though: I pretended like I was going to help her, but I ended up just laughing at her for a while....

TODD + ANNIE said...

Ha ha! I love that Brian just laughs at you and then remembers he is on film and tries to redeem himself. So funny! I MISS YOU!!!