Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hats!


I wrote this funny little poem in high school and found it the other day. I decided to dedicate it to my sweet nephew Brigham since he loves hats so much!
Hats
Big hats small hats
As many varieties as there are cats
Some are blue and some are red
Some you can even wear to bed
Hats for women hats for men
Hats for children one to ten
Many hats are warm but some are not
Some are worn when it is hot
If you don’t like hats you can’t make excuses
For hats, there is no doubt, have many uses
I could stay up so late
Giving you reasons why hats are great!


3 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! I LOVE IT.
You're better than Dr. Seuss.
The hat pictures are a scream. . .Ah, the good memories. . .

p.s. Brigham is flattered.

TODD + ANNIE said...

Yes, it reminds me of playing scum at my house and my dad making sure we all wear one nasty hat of his or another. I think my favorite one is the misquito net hat. HA HA good times.

Russ Cannon said...

How about this poem about cowboy hats:

A cowboy hat is made with great pain,
to keep out the sun and the rain,
with a wide band for sweat,
so his eyes don't get wet
and a crown that is too big for his brain.

Uncle Russ