Sunday, April 13, 2008

D.A.M # 4


Blonde. adj. – A color of hair—period.
My hair has always been a source of conflict for me. On the one hand it is a small source of pride because it is one of the few things I get complemented on. I have never dyed, highlighted, or colored my hair and I take pride in that fact for some reason. On the other hand I often resent getting lumped into the “dumb blonde” category. Just to clarify things, the following situations have nothing to do with the fact that I am blonde.
1. Getting into the wrong car, with the wrong guy, as I went to meet my first blind date.
2. Buckling the ski rope into my lifejacket, jumping off the boat, and hanging suspended from the boat tower while everyone in the boat tried to haul me back on board.
3. Walking down the hall talking to my friends with my head turned and walking directly into a display case.
4. Getting a black eye by running into a bar on the playground.
5. Running into a light post during a water fight
6. Almost choking to death on water (yes water) at Leatherby’s ice cream shop
7. Getting into the elevator with my English professor and answering “Me am” when asked who was going to the lower level
8. Falling directly into a rosebush and receiving cuts all over my arms and back
9. Getting locked out of a hotel room naked (I was only eight years old)
10. Smashing head first into the side of the swimming pool and getting a goose bump that lasted at least a week
11. Forgetting to take my violin to an orchestra concert
12. When asked at the airport who I was flying with, answering “Myself”
13. Accidentally stealing someone else’s luggage at the same airport
14. Getting locked in the bathroom stall in Mexico (Dave, my brother-in-law had to climb over and rescue me)
15. Swinging on the bathroom stall door at church (don’t worry I was still in primary) getting my shirt caught on the coat hook and ripping all the buttons off as I jumped to the ground
16. Getting locked in my closet in the middle of the night (the door handle was broken from the inside, but I had my cell phone so I called my roommates, who had to come rescue me)
Ok, the list could go on, but I think I am beginning to defeat my point. I may have just proved that I am not always the brightest person on the planet, but I still maintain that this has nothing to do with my being blonde, so stop blaming it on my hair! As I said my hair is kind of a source of pride for me so stop hurting my pride and just blame it on my brain.

10 comments:

TODD + ANNIE said...

Mandy, that list is so short. You left out so many, ha ha ha ha! The great thing is I was there to witness 99% of those experiences. Words don't do them justice!

Grady and Janie said...

Mandy I sat at work laughing at your list because I remember all of those crazy things you would do! Life was always an adventure living with you!

Allison said...

I am laughing so hard right now. I love having such a funny sister who has such intersting escapades. I also love that you are willing to share them. Seriously, if some of those things happened to me, I would hope that NO ONE would ever find out about them.

Jenny said...

I can't stop laughing!

Emily said...

I laughed OUT LOUD! remembering those funny moments. Ah, the hotel episode and the bathroom in Mexico. . . Sometimes I just randomly chuckle thinking about you coming out of Primary with all the buttons, from neck to toe, ripped off your dress and moms screwed up face wondering what happened.

you are awesome Boo!

Emily said...

Did you know that according to Wikipedia only 1.8% of the world population is true blond. And that is including children. A true blond adult is very rare. In fact some studies suggest that true blonds may become extinct in the next several hundred years. You are an endangered species Mandy!

Mandy and Brian said...

Hahaha, I always knew I was special....

Unknown said...

Okay, all in all really funny, but number seven is particularly classic. Just think what your professor thought of the incident... Did she just say that as a joke? Is her English really that bad? She looks normal enough, but WOW, what a weirdo...

Nicklepickle said...

K... I just laughed so hard at that list... You are so funny!!! Nate doesn't even know you and he was busting a gut reading this. It was good to see you the other night!!! I miss you! Well I still love you just as much as ever and miss all your crazy moments...

K-SUN said...

Mandy,
I cherish the boat incident! I rememeber the day after you locked yourself in the closet, so so funny.