Thursday, June 19, 2008

Zions Trip

I traveled to Zions this past weekend with my brothers-in-law, Dave and Mark, my cousin Rich, and his roommate Joe. We did two hikes back to back: the Keyhole and the Subway. Keeping up with four guys took its toll by the end of the day. There were several rappels and swims (one was probably the coldest swim of my life) in both hikes, and a lot of scrambling over rocks. While I like to pretend that I am tough, I realized by the end of the day that sitting for hours in a classroom at school has not been keeping me in shape. I could barely walk the day after our hike, but it was worth it. The slot canyons were beautiful, the day was cloudless and sunny, and the company was great.










5 comments:

Emily said...

YO THE MAN. . . DY!!!!!!

That's awesome - I totally couldn't have made it. Great pictures too -

TODD + ANNIE said...

Atleast you have something to show for your pain! Those are cool pictures.

Unknown said...

Wow, those are beautiful pictures! I'm terribly jealous.

Jenny said...

Pretty sweet Boo!

Chelsy said...

And this is one of the reasons I think you are so cool...the only girl hanging in there with a bunch of guys! I still haven't made the trip to Zions...this just makes me want to get down there more!